HealthLoop is a dynamic patient-engagement and outcomes company located in Silicon Valley that is used by some of the largest and most reputable hospitals and health systems throughout the U.S. Our mission is to make each person feel like his or her doctor’s most important patient. HealthLoop connects patients and physicians between encounters through digital care plans automatically sent to patients daily from their doctors, providing ongoing guidance, education, and encouragement. And HealthLoop tracks how the patients are doing, notifying care teams if a patient starts to get off track. HealthLoop collects an abundance of patient generated health data between visits, improves patient outcomes, detects impending complications early, and decreases preventable readmissions.
Funded by healthcare venture leaders, HealthLoop is considered the leading company in the industry of patient engagement and remote monitoring. We have an energetic team with world-class experience. Dream big, and join us to change the way care is experienced by patients and practiced by healthcare providers!
Do you love exploring vastly interesting data sets, identifying and understanding correlations and causations, and visualizing data in unique ways? Do you love sharing those insights with others in ways that they can understand and do you love influencing big decisions with your findings? More than that, do you value doing something that is truly important for thousands of patients every day, and that will have direct impact on patient care? HealthLoop has one of the most unique and exciting clinical + consumer datasets on the planet today, and it is fertile territory for exploration and discovery by the right person with the right data scientist skills.
The Data Scientist will use his or her database knowledge to query for a variety of questions needed by multiple internal and external stakeholders. You will generate these queries working as part of a matrix team structure involving members from Engineering, Design, Customer Success, and Sales and Marketing. Reporting directly to the CMIO, you will be the main driver for translating complex data needs into actionable output that will directly inform and influence product and business decisions.
You are probably a great candidate if you: (This is the “Requirements” section)
- Have a Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or Statistics
- 3+ years experience in healthcare industry, (a PhD may substitute for industry experience)
- MUST have deep experience with SQL
- MUST have deep experience with R, STATA, or other statistical evaluation and visualization tools
- MUST have deep experience with a business analytics tool such as Tableau
- MUST have Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with statistical analysis
- Possess the exceptional ability to translate business or product-related requests into relevant, comprehensible, and actionable data queries
- Have the uncanny capacity to work with, distill, and visualize/report on complex data sets
- Have a work ethic that includes exploring, testing, and validating your output before delivery
- Like a fast-paced environment with real opportunities for creativity, growth, and impact
- Are a great communicator and can speak easily and comfortably with teammates and internal/external leadership
- Live a commutable distance from Mountain View, CA
- Are a great teammate. If you find joy in solving problems, uncovering insights and enabling your teammates, you’ll fit in great with our team!
Stop what you’re doing and contact us right now if you also have (these are the “nice-to-haves”):
- Proficiency with PostgreSQL
- Machine learning expertise
- A crushing desire to innovate and improve medical care
Compensation and Benefits:
HealthLoop offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, health/dental/vision benefits, and stock options consistent with the best start-ups in Silicon Valley.
How to Apply (Make sure to follow these directions carefully, please)
- Click here to begin the application process: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/healthloop-15ee753d/data-scientist-41193922
- Download and unzip a brief data science exercise from bit.ly/2g4jfHl (If you’re prompted to sign up for a Dropbox account, just choose “No thanks, continue to view” at the bottom to access the files.
- Follow the instructions to perform the exercise in advance (You will need some of your exercise answers to submit responses to questions you’ll be asked in applying for this opportunity online).
- Make sure to have a CV ready to submit as well.
We look forward to hearing from you!