HealthLoop is the leading digital health platform for patient engagement and care coordination. We are changing the way patients manage their health and connect with their care teams. We’re looking for a Clinical Content Writer to help us grow and maintain our content library.
The HealthLoop® patient follow-up solution improves patient outcomes by engaging patients in their recoveries, connecting them with their physicians, and detecting impending complications early. This helps to reduce morbidity, decrease unneeded visits, and minimize preventable admissions/readmissions. HealthLoop’s patient engagement platform enables physician practices to monitor and evaluate patients between office visits to optimize recovery and increase patient confidence.
The Medical Writer will help author care plans for specific procedures and conditions that are the heart of communications between doctors and patients. This will require you to draw on your extensive clinical knowledge and experience and invoke your compassion for patients. In addition to content creation, this role involves making small and large changes to existing content within established timelines based upon customer needs. It also requires the ability to learn proprietary internal applications, so a high comfort level with technical applications is desired. A collaborative spirit and stellar communication skills are necessary, as you will be working closely with customers, other members of the content team, and occasionally our product, engineering, and customer success teams.
Education and Experience:
- RN, PA, FNP, or other mid-level healthcare degree (or higher)
**Candidates without clinical experience will NOT be considered**
- Minimum 3-5 years of recent or current direct patient care responsibilities
- Medical writing experience is required; experience writing for a patient/lay audience is highly desired
**A writing sample will be required**
- Prior experience working in industry preferred, but not necessary
Candidate must also:
- Demonstrate impeccable writing, spelling, and grammar skills; high attention to detail is necessary
- Be able to express compassion and empathy
- Be capable of multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
- Be flexible, dependable, and resourceful
- Possess advanced computer literacy skills, including the comfort, ability, and desire to learn internal applications and processes
- Have a desire to innovate and improve medical care
Candidate must live within commutable distance from Mountain View, CA or Indianapolis, IN and be available for local and occasional out of town travel.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. We also offer health/dental/vision insurance and stock options consistent with the best start-ups in Silicon Valley.